- The league is a mixed competition. Each team must have a minimum of 3 females.
- If there is not 3 females on a team, the opposing team will be given 1 bonus run per inning. This stacks up, for example if a team has no female players the opposing team will receive 3 bonus runs per inning for the entire game.
- Each team must be able to field at least 7 players in order to play. If a team is lacking the required number, they may borrow players from the opposing team.
- A team may field a maximum of 11 players on defence at one time.
- The winner of each game will be determined by the team who has the most total runs at the end of scheduled time.
- A run is scored when a player on the batting team crosses home plate.
- An inning will end when three outs are made or 6 runs are scored.
- Umpires will be responsible for keeping the score of each game.
- 3 points will be awarded to the winning team.
- 1 point will be awarded to each team if the game is draw.
- - 1 point for a forfeit
- All batters must hit in the batting order provided by the Team Captain.
- At the beginning of a new inning the batting order will resume from the place where the last out was recorded in the previous inning. Example: If the 5th batter in the order was the last out; the next inning will begin with the batter in the 6th spot.
- A home run will be recorded when a hit ball clears the home run cones in the air. If the ball bounces over or rolls through the cones, the batter will automatically advance to 2nd base.
- Batters cannot run triples or in the park home runs (you can hit a double and reach 3rd on an overthrow though).
- There are no walks.
- There is no bunting.
- No sliding.
- A runner may not leave their base until the batter makes contact with the ball.
- Base stealing, or advancing on passed balls and wild pitches, is prohibited.
- It is the base runners duty to avoid contact with fielders on the base paths.
- If a runner does not make an attempt to avoid contact with the fielding player, the runner will be called out.
- With less than 2 out, if a fly ball is hit and caught by a fielding player all base runners must return and touch the base previously occupied before advancing.
- Pitchers may deliver the ball overhand/underhand and on an arced trajectory (Minimum height of 6ft- or over head height).
- The pitcher must throw at a speed that is deemed hittable by the umpire. Failure to meet the umpires required speed will result in a ball.
- If a pitcher continues to disregard pitching rules he/she may be replaced at the discretion of the umpire.
- Pitchers can throw a maximum of 2 innings per game.
- An out can be made in the following ways:
- The batter is struck out.
- A hit ball is caught in the air.
- A hit ball is thrown to a base before the runner reaches.
- A hit ball hits a base runner.
- Other than the pitcher, no fielder is allowed within the diamond before the pitch is thrown.
- A ball that is hit over the home run cones which is caught by the fielder is out. Note, the fielding player must start in the field of play when the ball is hit (applicable to baseball only).